Armodafinil helps in reducing extreme sleepiness which might be caused due to narcolepsy and other sleep related problems. It also can help you to stay awake during hours of work in case you have a work schedule that keeps you from having a normal routine for your sleep like the shift sleep disorder. This medication will not help to cure these sleep disorders and might not get rid of all your sleepiness. The medication affects certain substances in the brain to control the sleep cycle.
What are the side effects of Armodafinil?
- Dry mouth
- There might also be difficulty in sleeping
Many people who use the medication do not suffer any of the side effects, but in case you have some serious side effects that persists for long period of time then you need to consult your doctor, these side effects include: pounding or irregular heartbeats, mood changes like agitation, depression, confusion and even hallucinations.
- The dosage in obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and Narcolepsy: the usual recommended dosage of Armodafinil is normally for patients with narcolepsy and the dosage is 150 mg to 250 mg which is taken orally once in a day as a single dose in the morning, where as in patients who suffer from OSA the dose might go up to 250 mg/ day which is taken as a single dos.
- Dosage in shift work disorder: the recommended dosage of the medication is Armodafinil 150 which has to be taken orally once in a day as a single dose 1 hour prior to the start of the work shift.
What are the precautions that you need to take?
Before you take Armodafinil 150 make sure you tell your doctor all your medical history and if you have any allergies. This product has inactive ingredients which can cause allergic reactions or other related health problems. There is a possibility that this drug might make you dizzy so be careful if you are driving a vehicle.
The drug interactions
This may get a change on how your medications actually work or even increase the risk for serious side effects. You need to make a list of all the products that you use and then share it with your doctor. Do not start or stop or make any alterations in the dosage of your medication (Modafinil) without the approval of your doctor.
Important information about this Armodafinil
In case you have skin rash make sure you consult your doctor as soon as possible. Other signs of severe reactions will include fever, swelling of your tongue or your face, you might also have difficulty in breathing, yellowing of your eyes or skin and so on. Before you take the medication make sure you tell your doctor if you have the following problems:
- Liver or kidney disease
- High blood pressure or any heart related problem
- Mental illness or psychosis
- Addiction of drugs or alcohol
- Heart muscle or valve disorder like mitral valve prolapse